Striving for success? These 5 steps to success are what help me to achieve, if not exceed my goals.
[frame src=”http://www.startsmarter.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/file0002040372835.jpg” width=”440″ height=”300″ linkstyle=”normal”]
What is success?
According to a dictionary the definition of success is the following:
- the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
- the attainment of popularity or profit.
- person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity.
The 5 Steps to Success
1) Firstly you need a short-term goal. So ask yourself what do you want to achieve in 6 months time? How much money do you want your business to turnover in 6 months, and what will you spend it on? Be specific, and don’t be afraid to be ambitious!
2) Now you need a long-term goal; lets say 12 months. Again ensure you are specific as well as ambitious!
e.g. For your business to have a turnover of £50,000, allowing you to buy a top of the range Range Rover Sport (costing £49,795) for your mum.
Once you have written these short-term and long-term objectives down on paper, include a few relevant pictures into the book/document that will excite and inspire you each time you look at them.
3) Every single morning when you wake up, and every single night before you go to sleep – look in the mirror and read your short-term and long-term goals out loud to yourself. This will motivate you for the day ahead allowing you to surpass those goals!
Please feel free to comment below on this article; share your dreams with us all.
4) Always have a positive attitude! If something goes wrong, just take a moment and look at the positive aspects the situation. Believe me, there always is a positive to everything if you allow there to be one.
I highly recommend investing in the book, ‘The Complete Pocket of Positives’ – compiled by Maggie Pinkney. I don’t get any commission for doing so – I simply find it a remarkably motivating. Last time I checked you can buy it on Amazon for under £6; well worth every penny.
5) Be passionate about what you do! For free advertising, display the passion you have for what business sells/provides wherever you go. Whether it’s the local newsagents, gym or mechanics. Tell everybody about it, spread the word like your life depends on it. If one person becomes a customer by simply telling them about your great business – the chances are, he/she’ll tell a friend and/or family member. Make every minute of your day count. Never forget that word-of-mouth is one of the most powerful forms of advertising, and it’s free!
Unfortunately I cannot tell the future, however by following these easy 5 steps, as a person and in business you may find that you will become more successful.